Grassroots is the heart and soul of any advocacy organization. It is about individuals, as part of organizations or separately, coming together to advocate on important issues that affect our home care industry. Representation for home care comes from: licensed and Medicare certified home health agencies; hospices; durable medical equipment companies; home infusion pharmacies; or interdisciplinary professional services as well as individual members and affiliates.
Becoming a Grassroots Advocate
You don't have to be a CAHSAH member to be engaged in our advocacy efforts. We encourage participation from health organizations, advocacy organizations, parents, family members, and concerned individuals.
Why CAHSAH Needs You as a Grassroots Advocate
- Most people don't even know what home care is until they need it This includes legislators.
- Home care providers must comply with a myriad of federal and state laws and regulations, and what the federal and state governments do can determine the future of your business.
- The traditional method of using a lobbyist in the Capitol will not, by itself, get the job done.
- As a constituent, you are highly qualified to communicate with your own elected officials and build relationships with them.
- As experienced providers of home care services, you are the most qualified to advise legislators on issues affecting the industry.
Role of a Grassroots Advocate
The best part about grassroots is that you choose your level of involvement. Your level of involvement can include a one time meeting with a legislator or on-going dialogue. Examples of activities include:
- A one time meeting with your local legislator
- Mail/e-mail/call legislators on home health & hospice issues
- Testify at a Committee Hearing
- Invite a Legislator/reporter for a Home Health or Hospice visit
- Write a brief article for CAHSAH's Monthly Newsletter
- Hold coffees or Town Hall meetings around an issue or event
- Attend/Hold Rally or Press Conference
- Recognize National and California Home Health Care & Hospice Month
Join CAHSAH's Grassroots Advocacy today
Contact Mary Adorno at (916) 641-5795 ext: 124 or email email@example.com.
CAHSAH will always supply you with the resources you need to be successful. We look forward to working with you on CAHSAH's legislative agenda and priorities!